For small groups (min. 8 people) we organise backstage tours.
The Amsterdam Marionette Theatre presents operas and music theatre in a former blacksmith's in the heart of the old city centre. The European tradition of the classic marionette theatre originated in Mozart´s time and is now only presented in a few places in Europe.
We kindly invite you to take an exclusive look behind the scenes of the marionette theatre. You visit the workshops where the marionettes are carved and constructed from lime-wood and where the historical costumes are made. Puppeteers demonstrate the complicated and age-old technique of the marionette play.
PROGRAM (times according to your wishes)
length of program: ca. 1 - 1 1/2 hours
* Entry / coffee and tea (complementary catering possible)
* Short presentation about the origins of the classical marionette theatre
* Scene from one of the performances and demonstration marionette play
* Visiting the workshops: wood carving and costumes
Number of participants
The BACKSTAGE program is exclusively organised for groups. Number of participants: 8 - 20.
For a bigger group an adapted program can be arranged.
The costs for a BACKSTAGE programme:
- Mo. to Fri daytime / private persons: € 15.- pp. (coffee and tea included).
Minimum amount: € 150,-
For companies: € 20,- (coffe, tea, VAT included), minimum 240,-.
- For a BACKSTAGE program in the weekends or evenings, or a more extensive program (with lunch or high tea for instance): prices on application
The Amsterdam Marionette Theatre is situated at walking distance (8 min.) from the Central Station and there are several parking-lots nearby.